I'll have Philip send Vivian Adriano $250/month to buy food, beauty & hygiene products, and clothes and shoes. She has P11,250/month (philippine pesos). That's a substantial amount of money considering 15 years ago, my cousin Bernadette Mendoza made P10,000/month as a Medical Doctor for a local hospital in the Philippines. Of course, inflation...blah, blah, blah! But, still, you can buy food for P50 for lunch for one person. She's going to have to budget this money.
Vivian is very poor in the Philippines. But, the Philippine Government gives them clothes, shoes, food, and a scooter for mode of transportation, and housing. Her husband works at a Jewelry making factory and makes P6,000/month. I wish.
Her 3 kids attend public school which is free. They have a laptop notebook computer and internet connection, plus phone, electricity, water, sewer, and garbage. Their house is her mother-in-law's run-down poor house.
They're barely hanging on.
Don't worry guys, only 10 more years. And then, you will be multi-millionaires.
That's why I'd rather live here in the United States of America. There's nowhere I'd rather be.
Neil Diamond - Coming to America
No comments:
Post a Comment