Search This Blog

Monday, May 5, 2014

Guess what?

I am planning to move to a studio apartment for $675 - $700 with $700 security deposit after I get a job at a Subway Restaurant.  I didn't have the opportunity to write down my blog as the application process is a "fixed" program with social and psychological questions only.  You couldn't disclose anything there other than regular normal application process.  I answered the questions carefully based on customer service and co-workers relationships methods.  I think I answered them well.  I know I'll get a job there this August or June, 2015, depending on whether they have an opening or not.  

I'm looking at personal caregiver wanted ads and I found one in Portland, OR that pays $9.47 with a raise to $9.95/hr plus medical insurance and 401K benefits after a 90 day trial period for a young woman.  

But, now, I'm thinking for working at McDonalds Restaurant during day shift, Mondays to Fridays instead.  If I work at a Subway and a McDonalds restaurants with minimum wage of $9.10/hr, I would be making $1,456.00 x .20% (15% federal, 5% state income tax - http://www.mydollarplan.com/tax-brackets/http://www.bankrate.com/finance/taxes/state-taxes-oregon.aspx) = $$1,164.80 x 2 = $$2,329.60/month.  Subtracting the bills from my income, I have $$619.60 left per month.  

Rent for a studio is $700, phone/tv/internet - $150, electricity - $100, water - $100, sewer and garbage - $50 = $1,100.  Plus, bus pass - $110 = $1,210.  Not to mention food - $250 = $1,460/month +/-.  I can bring food to eat or eat at Subway and McDonalds everyday for lunch and dinner.  One more thing, my student loans - $250 = $1,710.

Now, I have $619.60 left per month.  I have to buy shampoo - $5, soap - $8, toothpaste - $5, menstrual pads - $5 = $23.00.  I'll save $150/month for the down payment of my house for 5 years = $9,000.  I have $446.60 left per month.  Buy a shirt - $20, pants - $40 = $60.00.  I have $386.60 left per month.  I'll save the rest of this money in my bank account.  Hehe.  LOL.

I have Friday evenings and Saturday and Sunday evenings off.  Hehe.  Hope this works.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment